Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days

As a teacher the words "snow day" take on a whole new meaning. You think kids get excited? Well let me tell you teachers get just as excited if not MORE than the students. Yesterday we had a half day due to the possibility of inclement weather. I was down 6 kids and the morning was smooth sailing. I could teach for the rest of my life with days like that. Then early last night they put us on a 2 hour delay, which was nice, but everyone else was out. So I woke up almost every hour last night and checked wcpss on my phone only to still find the 2 hour delay.

Finally around 6 this morning I checked and it said schools were closed. My body sighed a sigh of relief, turned my alarm off and went back to sleep. I woke up around 10 and looked out my window to see why school had been canceled. No snow, and no definite appearance of ice. The roads just look wet to me. However I am assuming there must be icy spots or school wouldn't be canceled.

So now my job (which might take more determination than teaching) is to stop being lazy and get things done. We have a 3 day weekend coming up, and I am heading to greensboro to see my roommates (nat is coming in from OH and bringing her bf Derek)! So the smart thing to do today would be to plan plan and plan. Therefore I wouldn't have any lesson planning to worry about over the weekend.

It would also be smart to finish my laundry and clean the apartment. However sitting under my warm blanket, vegging out to tv sounds like so much more fun.

We'll see. Thank you WCPSS for this snow day :) No matter how I spend it I am very thankful for this gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment